Writers SA Workshop: “Preparing for the Publicity Trail”
I always look forward to sharing what I’ve learnt about the writing and publishing business, If you’d like to get some tips and tricks for getting the most out of publicity, I’ll see you on February 1st. For bookings, click here.
From taking great author photos to handling Q&A, you’ll learn all the marketing secrets to make you ready to publicise yourself and your writing. You’ve written the work…now it’s time to share it with the world!
Thinking about media releases, giving interviews or speaking on panels as a writer can be stressful. There’s headshots to get done, media requests, and did you know there’s a certain way to hold your book when posing for the camera? Add in the prospect of a book tour with curly questions from the audience and now all you want to do is shut your door and employ a publicist. Take the fear and unknown out of it with tips and tricks from a former journalist, media adviser, literary festival panel chair and Australian bestselling novelist, Victoria Purman.
Participants will learn:
- how to talk about yourself and your writing to spruik your book or business
- how to make a cracker of a launch speech that will drive more sales
- want to do a Q&A? Tips and tricks for finding the perfect interviewer
- how to prepare for an interview and answer the inevitable difficult or tricky questions
- how to overcome nerves and gain on-camera confidence (including what not to say)
- how to pose in promotional photos
- what makes a journalist tick and why do they ask ‘those’ questions